- THE TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU.
We collect the following categories of personal information from you in different ways, including from you directly, from you passively through your use of the Sites, from third parties and from publicly available sources.
- Personal Identifiers: In order to obtain access to certain services provided via the Sites and request certain information regarding FundCanna directly from the Company via the Sites, you may be required to provide personal information such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number and investor status. In some instances, we may receive biometric, personal and protected classification characteristics and similar information. You can choose not to provide this information, but then you might not be able to gain access to such information and services. We may collect this information from various sources, including from you directly, through your use of the Sites, recruiting agencies, financial institutions, service providers and other individuals. We use and share this information as noted below.
- Commercial Information: We may collect commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, from you directly, or through third parties, including data brokers. We use and share this information as noted below.
- Internet of other electronic network activity information: We may also collect information about you through technology. For example, when you visit the Sites, we may collect your IP address (an IP address is often associated with the portal through which you enter the Internet, like your ISP – “Internet Service Provider” – or your company) or other information you choose to explicitly share or submit to us. At times, we use IP addresses to collect information regarding the geolocation and frequency with which visitors browse various parts of our Sites and combine this information with other information about you.
Our Sites also uses other technical methods to track visitor usage, including web beacons (“web beacons” are small pieces of data that are embedded in images on the pages of a website). We use these technical methods to analyze the traffic patterns on our Sites, such as the frequency with which our users visit various parts of our Sites. These technical methods may involve the transmission of information either directly to us or to another party authorized by us to collect information on our behalf.
We also use these technical methods in HTML e-mails that we may send visitors to our Sites to determine whether such visitors have opened those e-mails and/or clicked on links in those e-mails. Information we collect using these technologies is never combined with the information you provide (e.g. name, email etc…).
We collect this information through your use of the Sites and from our services providers. We use and share this information as noted below.
- Professional or Employment Information: When you register on the Sites, we may collect professional and employment information such as information about your employers, awards and associations.
We may collect this information from various sources, including from you directly, through your use of the Sites, educational institutions, financial institutions, service providers and other individuals. We use and share this information as noted below.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory or similar information: When you visit some of our physical locations, our CCTV cameras may capture your image. If you call FundCanna, your calls may be recorded.
We may collect this information from various sources from you directly. We use and share this information as noted below.
- Educational Information: When you register on the Sites, we may collect educational information such as information about schools you attended, degrees awarded and academic status. We may collect this information from various sources, including from you directly, through your use of the Sites, financial institutions, service providers and other individuals. We use and share this information as noted below.
- HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU IS USED.
For each category of personal information above, we use your personal information to carry out the following purposes:
- Provide you with Services: We use your personal information to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- Improve the Sites: We use your personal information about you to provide you services and improve our Sites. We might use your personal information to deliver the Sites and/or customize your experience with us. For example, we may use your personal information to improve the Sites and our other internal business purposes.
- Security and Fraud Prevention and Detection: We use your personal information for security purposes such as fraud prevention and detection. We may use personal information to enforce our rights, for fraud prevention, or to protect our company, affiliates, our customers, or our Sites, or a third-party website or platform.
- Compliance with Laws and to Protect Ourselves: We use your personal information to support auditing, legal and compliance purposes, including responding to court orders or subpoenas. We may also share your personal information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We may also use your personal information when we are investigating potential fraud or other areas of concern or if we believe in good faith that disclosure is legally required or otherwise necessary to protect our rights and property, or the rights, property or safety of others.
- Marketing: We use your personal information to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about. We use your personal information to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Sites about products or services that may interest you or them. We use your personal information to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you. We use your personal information to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products or services we feel may interest you, where you have consented to being contacted for such purpose.
- Debug and Identify Errors: We use your personal information to debug and identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality on our Sites.
- Statistical Analysis and Research: We may use your personal information for statistical analysis and research purposes, including analyzing performance. We may also use your personal information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent to the extent required by applicable law. We may combine information we obtain about you (such as offline through our services or from third parties) for the purposes described above.
- WAYS WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- FundCanna Companies and Affiliates: We may share your personal information within the FundCanna family of companies and with our affiliates.
- Service Providers: We share personal information with service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include companies we hire to help deliver products or services, like a shipping company that delivers a package, and companies who help us either gather your information or communicate with you.
- Information You Elect to Share: We may share your information with third parties when you engage in certain activities on our Sites that are sponsored by third parties, such as electing to receive information or communications from a third party. When you participate in such, you will either be required or requested to agree that the sponsor or business associate may use your personal information (including, in some cases, your e-mail address) in accordance with the sponsor or business associate’s privacy practices.
- THE SECURITY MEASURES WE TAKE TO SAFEGUARD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
The security and confidentiality of your personal information is important to us. We maintain reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect personal information from accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or misuse. From time to time, we review our security procedures in order to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though that, despite these efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
- HOW LONG WE RETAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we retain your personal information for the duration of our relationship, plus a reasonable period in order to be able to run regular deletion routines or to take into account the applicable statute of limitation period or to comply with mandatory applicable law.
- YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
We will provide you an opportunity to update your contact information and/or modify your communication choices by sending you an e-mail or other communication that invites your response, or by providing a means to update that information via our Sites. You also may unsubscribe from our e-mail marketing communications by clicking on unsubscribe links in those e-mails. To the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, you may request access to the personal information we maintain about you or request that we correct, update, amend, or delete your information, or restrict the processing of such information by contacting us as indicated below.
Subject to applicable law, you also have the right to receive, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, the personal information that you have provided to us about you, with your consent or based on a contract to which you are party. You have the right to have this information transmitted to another company, where it is technically feasible.
Where provided by law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information, and we will apply your preferences going forward.
- DATA TRANSFERS
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Sites whom are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free at: (877) 257-3777. You may also write us at: FundCanna, 9530 Towne Centre Drive, Suite 120, San Diego, CA 92121, Attn: Privacy Officer.
- Your Right to Request Disclosure of Information We Collect and Share About You: FundCanna is committed to ensuring that you know what Personal Information FundCanna collects about you. FundCanna is also committed to ensuring that you know what Personal Information FundCanna shares about you. You can submit a request to FundCanna for further information by going here: email@example.com. Our responses to any of these requests will cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of the request.
- Your Right to Request the Deletion of Personal Information We Have Collected From You: Upon receiving and verifying such request, FundCanna will delete the Personal Information that FundCanna has collected about you, except for situations when that information is necessary for FundCanna to: (i) provide you with a good or service that the client requested; (ii) perform a contract FundCanna entered into with you; (iii) maintain the functionality or security of our systems; (iv) comply with or exercise rights provided by the law; or (v) use the information internally in ways that are compatible with the context in which you provided the information to FundCanna or that are reasonably aligned with expectations based on the your relationship with FundCanna.
To exercise the right to request the deletion of your Personal Information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free at (877) 257-3777. Requests for deletion of your Personal Information are generally free.
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Disclosure. In limited circumstances, we may collect information that identifies, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with you that is not subject to financial protection laws (“Non-Financial Information”). Non-financial Information does not include publicly available information in government records or any data that has been deidentified, aggregated, or otherwise anonymized.
The Right to Request More Information
For Non-Financial Information, you may have the right to request more information from us including:
• The categories of personal information we collected about you;
• The categories of sources from which we collected that information;
• Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that information;
• The categories of third parties with whom we shared that information; and
• The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
The Right to Request Access
For Non-Financial Information , you also may have the right to request access to your personal information.
The Right to Request Deletion
For Non-Financial Information, you may have the right to request that we delete your personal information. Please note that simply logging out or uninstalling an app does not delete your account or your personal information.
How to Exercise these Rights
To submit a request to exercise rights over your Non-Financial Information, you may contact us at contact us at email@example.com or call toll-free at (877) 257-3777.
Before we can respond to your request, we first must verify your identity using your personal information. If we are not able to verify your request we will contact you for more information. If we are unable to verify your identify after a good faith attempt, we may deny the request and, if so, will explain the basis for the denial.
Designating an Authorized Agent
You may designate someone to submit requests and act on your behalf (an “Authorized Agent”). To do so, you must provide us with written permission to allow your Authorized Agent to act on your behalf.
We will acknowledge receipt of your request and advise you how long we expect it will take to respond if we are able to verify your identity. Requests for specific pieces of Personal Information will require additional information to verify your identity.
In some instances, we may not be able to honor your request. For example, we will not honor your request if we cannot verify your identity or if we cannot verify that you have the authority to make a request on behalf of another individual. Additionally, we will not honor your request where the Personal Information that we maintain about you is not subject to the CCPA’s access or deletion rights.
We will advise you in our response if we are not able to honor your request. We will not provide social security numbers, driver’s license numbers or government issued identification numbers, financial account numbers, account passwords or security questions and answers, or any specific pieces of information if the disclosure presents the possibility of unauthorized access that could result in identity theft or fraud or unreasonable risk to data or systems and network security.
We will work to process all verified requests within 45 days pursuant to the CCPA. If we need an extension for up to an additional 45 days in order to process your request, we will provide you with an explanation for the delay.
You have a right not to be discriminated against for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- “DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS.
- THIRD PARTY LINKS.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY.
The Sites and Services are not directed to minors under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose the Personal Information of minors under the age of 16.
- CONTACT US.
- COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES.
• Estimate audience size and usage patterns;
• To track how a user arrives at our site;
• Advertise new content and services that relate to your interests;
• Keep track of advertisements and search engine results;
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions to resolve issues and offer better site experiences and tools in the future; and
• Recognize when you return to the Sites.
- How You Can Opt-Out of Cookies.
Cookies can be blocked by changing your Internet browser settings to refuse all or some Cookies. If you choose to block all Cookies (including essential Cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Sites.
You can find out more about Cookies and how to manage them by visiting www.AboutCookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can opt out of Cookies set by specific entities by following the instructions found at these links:
• Adobe: https://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html
• Google: https://adssettings.google.com
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out
• Microsoft: https://account.microsoft.com/privacy/ad-settings/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/personalization
• Yahoo: https://policies.yahoo.com/xa/en/yahoo/privacy/topics/opt-outfaq/
Advertising Industry Resources
You can understand which entities have currently enabled Cookies for your browser or mobile device and how to opt-out of some of those Cookies by accessing the Network Advertising Initiative’s website or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website. For more information on mobile specific opt-out choices, visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Mobile Choices website.
Please note that these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised. Therefore, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.